YMCA Childcare Takes Extra Safety Precautions
Special Provisions Related to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
To protect the health and safety of our children, staff, and families, Youth Services programs will be implementing additional safety measures in accordance with local, state, and federal orders and guidance. The YMCA recognizes the importance of working together as a community to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and Youth Services programs will be modified to occur primarily outdoors, weather permitting. As we adjust our programs to ensure the safety of all participants, parents/ guardians will need to take additional action to support these efforts.
Summer Camp Basics (Phase 2)
- Due to the implementation of health screenings, no campers will be admitted after 9 a.m.
- Pick up by 6 p.m.
- Rides in and out in car loop
- Parents will stay in the car; kids will have health check outside by YMCA staff who sign the child in and out
- Parents need to show ID at pick up
- Pick up only for those listed on the child file
- Before pick up, please call or text when and we will bring your child to meet you at your car.
- Health screen will consist of exposure questions, temperature check, and assessment of symptoms
- Health screen will be repeated periodically throughout the day.
- If your child becomes ill during the day, you are expected to pick them up immediately
- If your child has any medications, please bring in original packaging; there will be additional forms to complete
Ongoing Health Precautions
- Health screenings for all staff and participants
- Rides in/out health screenings
- Hand washing scheduled and offered throughout the day
- Social distancing practices
- Ratio of 12:1
- Kids remain in same group with same staff, no gatherings of more than 25
- Individual activities
- Modified games to encourage social distancing
- No sharing of toys, food, etc.
- Face coverings for children and staff
- We will provide buffs to all campers to use while indoors. They will be sent home at the end of the day to be cleaned and worn to camp the next day.
- Sanitizing high use areas and materials throughout the day and at the end of every day
- Outdoor Camp Day - Camp will be primarily outdoors! We will play in the rain and sun
- Indoor spaces will be used during severe weather like thunderstorms
- Each group will be assigned to one indoor area, and only that group will use that space to limit the number of children your child will come in contact with
- Special events/guests will occur outside where campers can maintain social distancing
- No field trips due to transportation restrictions
What to Bring to Camp Every Day
PLEASE LABEL ALL ITEMS SENT WITH YOUR CAMPER!
- Campers will carry their backpack with them all day. There will be no storage of personal items inside the building.
- Water bottle
- Water bottles are mandatory. Children will not be allowed to stay unless they come with a refillable water bottle.
- Craft pouch – glue, scissors and markers (we will not share high touch items)
- Towel (washed daily)
- Face coverings (washed daily)
- Buffs are mandatory. Child will not be allowed to stay unless they come with their buff.
- Extra change of clothes