Membership benefits included with your insurance.
Do you want to enjoy the benefits of a YMCA membership without paying out of pocket? If you have an insurance plan that includes monthly fitness club membership dues, you may be eligible for a third-party payor insurance plan at the YMCA.
With a third-party payor plan, your insurance covers the cost of your YMCA membership fees. This gives access the YMCA's fitness centers, pools, group exercise classes, virtual fitness, and more at no additional cost to you. All you need to do is scan in monthly to keep your membership benefits.
Which insurance providers offer third-party payor plans?
The YMCA of Western North Carolina partners with the following third-party insurance providers for membership benefits:
Each of these options provides full access to all programs and services at seven YMCA locations in Buncombe, Henderson, and McDowell counties.
Some plans and supplements require fees and annual enrollment.
Contact your insurance broker or provider for details.
How do I sign up for a third-party payor plan?
To sign up for a third-party payor plan:
- Call your insurance provider and select a plan that includes a YMCA membership
- When your plan is active, ask your provider for your fitness ID eligibility number
- Bring that number to your local YMCA
If you don’t have your fitness ID eligibility number, our staff can search for it to verify your insurance information and check for eligibility.
Once your information is confirmed, you will have membership access for that calendar year.
What are the terms and conditions of a third-party payor plan?
Each insurance provider may have different terms and conditions for their third-party payor plans. Some common ones are:
- During your plan’s designated renewal period, you need to update your information with the YMCA to ensure billing accuracy and eligibility.
- It’s important to use your YMCA membership and scan in each month or risk losing your membership benefits.
- You need to inform the YMCA immediately if your insurance changes throughout the year.
- You cannot add adult or youth members to your third-party payor plan. They need to sign up for a regular membership separately.
- Third-party plans are not eligible for Nationwide Membership reciprocity.
Why join the YMCA with a third-party payor plan?
Joining the YMCA with a third-party payor plan is a great way to improve your health and well-being, connect with friends, pursue your interests and support your community.
Our programs for active older adults help you stay active, improve health, and maintain community connections.
The YMCA offers:
- A wide range of fitness programs and equipment for all ages and abilities
- Indoor and outdoor pools for lap swimming, water aerobics, and family fun
- Group fitness classes such as yoga, Zumba, cycling, Pilates, Les Mills BODYPUMP, and more
- Pickleball on indoor and outdoor courts
- Social gatherings, interest clubs, and special activities planned for older adults
- Programs to help you manage arthritis, prevent falls, prevent and control diabetes, regain strength after cancer, improve Parkinson's symptoms, and more.
- Virtual fitness access with Virtual Y, an online platform that offers hundreds of videos on demand
- A safe, positive and welcoming environment where you can be yourself and meet new people
- A cause-driven organization that focuses on developing the potential of kids and teens, improving individual health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors
Don't miss this opportunity to join the YMCA with a third-party payor insurance plan. Visit your local Y today and start your journey to a healthier and happier life.
Medicare Advantage Check-In
If you're a Medicare Advantage member, you can log in to your account and track your activity here. Just click the button below.