Member Update: April 9, 2020
Asheville, N.C., April 9, 2020 - Dear Y Community,
While our YMCAs are closed to members and our programs are suspended due to COVID-19, the Y continues to serve and strengthen community, because that's who we are.
Thanks to the generosity of many members and supporters, North Carolina YMCAs have repurposed facilities and staff to support community needs during the pandemic.
In western North Carolina, our Y is delivering help and hope in many ways. For example:
• We’re providing safe, engaging child care for essential workers, in partnership with county emergency management agencies, school systems, and health departments
• We’ve expanded our existing nutrition outreach to prepare, provide, distribute, and deliver tens of thousands of free takeout meals and food bags for kids, families, and seniors, with the help of volunteers, other nonprofits, and local restaurants
• We’re helping parents homeschool their kids with daily learning projects and physical activities
• We’ve opened a Virtual YMCA so you can stay fit and healthy with online workouts and group exercise classes, 24/7 – and starting this week, you can schedule small group training, personal training, and coaching connections with Y staff online
• We’re reaching out regularly to do wellness checks on senior members, and are offering online versions of classes to support people with diabetes, cancer, Parkinson’s, and other chronic conditions
Please take a moment to hear from YMCA staff about how the Y is meeting critical needs across the state.
We’re also sensitive to the needs of those members who are facing financial hardship. If you need assistance with your account, please complete this form.
Si tiene preguntas sobre cómo cambiar su cuenta, por favor envíe un correo electrónico a email@example.com o llame al 828-251-5910.
In this, one of the holiest weeks of the year, know that you are in our prayers. May everyone who has been affected by the coronavirus find peace.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay strong.
President and CEO