The Buncombe County Schools Aquatics Center is closed until further notice.
Buncombe County Schools Aquatics Center
The YMCA of Western North Carolina partnered with Buncombe County Schools to manage the new Buncombe County Schools Aquatics Center. The 17,380 square foot building features a 10-lane, 400,000 gallon climate-controlled pool. The center also includes 420 spectator seats, a state-of-the-art timing and scoreboard system, UV water filtration, and numerous energy efficient design features. The facility is available for group rentals. Click here to download our facility rental form or fill out our online form below.
- Provides more pool space for local middle school, high school, and private school teams to swim and allow more Buncombe County children the opportunity to improve their skills, potentially get jobs as lifeguards or scholarships.
- Provides more pool space for Safety Around Water (SAW) drowning prevention program so more children receive life-saving skills in a competitive facility, which can motivate them to want to swim in high school and potentially get scholarships later.
- Creates opportunities for high school children to work after school lifeguarding or teaching swim lessons.
- Provides more pool space for community rentals (Masters Swimming, water polo, kayak rolling, lifeguard/swim instructor training).
- What is the facility address?
- 18 Ensley Stadium Loop. On TC Roberson's campus next to the tennis courts.
- Is there a daily pass rate?
- Yes! Community members can purchase a daily pass for $5 per visit.
- Do YMCA members have to purchase a punch pass or daily pass?
- Yes, YMCA members do need to purchase a swim pass.
- May I bring my young non-swimming children to the facility?
- At this time, we only offer lap swimming. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult and pass a swim test to be in the pool.
We are always hiring for lifeguards! Click here to submit an application.
Lap Swim Hours
Feb. 18-March 15
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Spring 2020 Hours
March 16-June 30
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 6-8 a.m, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 6-8 p.m.
No weekend hours.