Y Offers K-5 Afternoon Enrichment Program
Children and families need to be safe and supported as they start the new school year under challenging circumstances. The YMCA is here for you with a new afternoon program that promotes social and emotional learning and physical activity.
"Camp Us" for K-5 students begins Monday, Aug. 31 at the Asheville YMCA and the Reuter Family YMCA. Sessions run from 1:30-5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, and will continue while local schools are in Plan C.
Under the supervision of the Y’s trained and certified staff, kids will get help with their schoolwork, healthy snacks, recreation, and enrichment activities in a safe, clean environment.
To protect everyone’s health and safety, the Y has implemented these precautions in accordance with local, state and federal orders and guidance:
- Health screenings for all staff and participants
- Check in/out health screenings
- Hand washing scheduled and offered throughout the afternoon
- Social distancing practices
- Modified activities to encourage social distancing
- No sharing of toys, food, etc.
- Face coverings for children and staff
- Sanitizing high-use areas and materials throughout the session and at the end of every day
YMCA members receive preferred pricing for this program, which is $70/week per child. The non-Y member rate is $95/week per child. Financial assistance is available thanks to generous community support.
Sign up for Camp Us for peace of mind. We look forward to caring for your child at the Y!
Looking for afterschool or full-day childcare? We've got you covered. Learn more here.