Member Update: Oct. 13
All YMCA of WNC locations reopened for indoor fitness in September, and your health and safety remain our top priority this fall.
Safety precautions include frequent cleaning, health screenings, upgraded air filtration, reservations, and mask requirements. And with capacity limited to 30 percent, there's plenty of room for a socially distanced indoor workout.
As North Carolina settles into Phase 3, we are gradually adding more services and aligning with state recommendations for fitness facilities.
Here’s an update on what’s happening at the Y this month:
- Hours are expanding at two locations.
- Starting Oct. 17, the Hendersonville Family Y will be open from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Effective Oct. 19, the YMCA at Mission Pardee Health Campus will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 a.m.-1 p.m. and from 4 p.m.-7 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday from 6 a.m.-7 p.m., and Saturday from 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Registration is now open for winter swim lessons. Sign up online, in person, or by calling 828-251-5910.
- Outdoor programs will continue this fall as long as weather permits. We offer a variety of group exercise classes and outdoor equipment stations for your convenience.
- Some group exercise classes are moving indoors as the weather cools. Please check schedules on our website or mobile app to make reservations, and look closely at the location.
- Reservations are now available for racquetball, pickleball, and indoor group exercise classes. Go to our website or mobile app to hold your spot for these new offerings, as well as for pool time and outdoor exercise.
- Gyms are now open for shoot-around basketball on a first-come, first-served basis (no pickup games). Bring your own ball. Families are welcome to play on the same basket together. See schedules for hours.
- Face coverings remain a requirement in our facilities for people age 5 and up, unless you are in the pool or shower, doing outdoor exercise, or have a medical exception. Effective Oct 19, we will be opening mask-optional cardio areas at most locations. Portable HEPA filters will be deployed in those areas to ensure adequate air filtration. Depending on the available square footage, the location of mask-optional cardio equipment will vary from a separate room to a designated zone on the wellness floor. Please see our FAQ for more information.
- Members from other YMCAs in North Carolina are now welcome to use our facilities. Starting Oct. 19, local members will be permitted to bring guests.
- Plan your visit with our new capacity dashboards. Go to the locations page of our website and choose your center for real-time data on the number of people checked in.