Patton Pool Opens for Summer May 17
Hendersonville, N.C., May 13, 2021 – Get ready to make a splash this summer at Patton Pool, which opens with limited hours on Monday, May 17 and all day on Saturday, May 29.
Managed by the Hendersonville Family YMCA, the Olympic-size outdoor pool in Patton Park is a local favorite. “Patton Pool is the true essence of summer,” said Laurie Blake-Baker, Hendersonville Family YMCA member and Patton Pool swimmer. “There's nothing that says "summer's here!" like participating in a delightful aquatic exercise class or swimming laps while getting a tan. Patton Pool is just an all-around exquisite summer experience!”
Activities for kids
When kids have confidence around water they’re safer and have more fun. The summer session of swim lessons at Patton Pool runs June 28-Aug. 21 for kids ages 6 months to 14 years.
The Y is offering summer day camp for kids ages 4-13 at the UNC Asheville Kellogg Center and five half-day sports camps at Patton Park:
- Ultimate Frisbee (June 21-25)
- Soccer (June 28-July 2)
- Sports of all Sorts (July 12-16)
- Flag Football / Water Fun (July 19-23)
- Olympic Prep Week (July 26-30)
YMCA members get substantial savings on swim lessons and sports camps. Financial assistance is available for all Y programs thanks to generous community support.
Pool passes now available
- Patton Pool day passes are $5 for adults and $4 for children.
- YMCA members and Hendersonville city residents save on season passes: $150 for a family, $75 for adults, $60 for seniors, and $60 for youth.
- For non-city residents, season passes are $300 for a family, $150 for adults, $120 for seniors, and $120 for youth.
- Punch passes (15 visits per adult) are $38 for city residents and Y members and $60 for non-city residents.
Season passes and punch passes are available at the gate or the Hendersonville Family Y. Day passes are available at the gate.
Now hiring seasonal positions
Patton Pool offers flexible hours and a great working environment. We're now hiring lively and enthusiastic staff as lifeguards, swim instructors, pool coordinators, and gate attendants. Click here to see all openings for ages 16 and up.
Location and hours
Patton Pool will be open May 17 through Labor Day weekend at 114 E. Clairmont Dr. in Hendersonville during these hours:
- May 17-28: Monday-Saturday, 6-9 a.m. and 4-7 p.m.
- May 29-June 7: Monday-Friday, 6 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, 12-8 p.m.
Water fitness classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 9 a.m. beginning in June.
Sign up for classes and day camp, and view schedules online at ymcawnc.org/patton-park-and-pool.